Income Tax Time – 2013

Many of you are now receiving T4 and T4A tax slips. The T4 slip indicates the income you received in 2012 for TA/instructorship work and T4A slips are for income from scholarships/research assistantships, including tuition fee scholarships. In addition, you will need a T2202A slip (tuition certificate) which is available for download on ROSI. You will need these slips to file income tax forms for the 2012 calendar year.

The tax deadline for filing your 2012 taxes is April 30th, 2013.

Hard copies of income tax forms are available at Canada Post offices. E-copies are downloadable from the Canada Revenue Agency ( and probably some other sites.


For information on free online tax filing go to ( The Canadian Federation of Students has negotiated an agreement with to provide free online tax preparation to all Canadian post-secondary students.


You can find information specifically for international students in Canada at

Help from the Centre for International Experience:

2013 Tax Sessions at CIE
Individual help sessions for first-year students/ first-time filers who will be completing their first tax return for the year 2012 will be conducted in March. Service will be provided by Rotman Commerce student volunteers on a first come first served basis (no appointments will be assigned):

March 6th – 28th, 2013
1 pm – 4 pm (Monday to Friday)
at CIE (main floor)

Students who already have a file with Canada Revenue Agency (repeat filers) can make use of: (code FAY 1493)

On April 8th, 2013 at 12pm, Professor Cara Orzech of Rotman Commerce will conduct a presentation on Canadian Taxation policies and the process of filling out tax returns at the Centre for International Experience. This session is open to all international students at UofT. To register to attend this session on April 8th please email with “April 8th Tax Session” in the subject line.


no comment as of now

Sorry, comments closed.